Disputes frequently occur on construction projects during and after construction. Our strength is identifying and resolving disputes before litigation or arbitration is filed.
Elmore Goldsmith attorneys have extensive experience handling all aspects of construction disputes from negotiation, arbitration, and mediation to litigation and appeal. Our attorneys have many years of experience handling a wide range of construction related disputes including:
- Payment and collection issues
- Prosecution of claims
- Prosecuting claims for the payment of prompt payment penalties
- Insurance coverage issues including wrongful denial of coverage
- Surety matters
- Construction claims
- Mechanic’s liens and bond claims
- Discrepancies and interpretations of poorly drafted construction documents
- Change order, delay, and disruption claims
- Contract and specification scope disputes
- Construction cost accountings
- Defective and non-conforming work claims
- Construction partnership, joint venture and corporation dissolutions
Our attorneys have significant experience defending and prosecuting construction litigation matters, situations involving general commercial liability, and additional insured and contractual indemnity claims. We build on industry knowledge to efficiently organize and manage complex matters, utilizing the latest technology to assist our clients in exposure analysis, and successfully carry cases through trial.
Our knowledge and experience has allowed us to reach successful solutions in a multitude of complex litigation matters including construction, multi-party, and commercial matters. Clients trust our ability to understand and address their complex legal and industry challenges.